Engaged Couples Seeking Marriage in the Catholic Church
- Christ the King’s wedding times are Saturday at 2 pm or 7:30 pm
- Call the church, preferably a year and no less than six months before your desired date, to begin the process
- Couples must have known each other at least six months and both must be 18 years of age by date of the marriage
- Couples must complete a FOCCUS Survey and have it reviewed with a designated marriage minister from Christ the King
- Couples must complete a Marriage Formation Day or a Sponsor Couple Process with a certificate of completion
- Additional Documents:
- Freedom to Marry Affidavits: Each party will have a witness complete this form at a Catholic Church, with a priest, deacon, or lay designate. The completed form is stamped with the church seal and returned to Christ the King.
- New Baptismal Certificate, with notations, issued from your Church of Baptism, within six months of the wedding date for the Catholic party
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate, or letter from Church of Baptism, for party baptized in another faith tradition.
- Completed Prenuptial Questionnaire
- Additional documents may be necessary
Jody Coffey, Marriage Ministry
Linda Moses, Pastoral Associate