Information about Safe Environment
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Christ the King Catholic Church and School. We know that we cannot fully implement our Parish mission to “answer our baptismal call to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ” without your help. We are grateful for your time, talent and energy in fulfilling this mission. In keeping with the Catholic Diocese of Dallas requirements to maintain a Safe Environment for Youth and Vulnerable Adults, we request that you complete requirements listed below.
- Fill out and submit the Screening Form completely, including Social Security number and Date of Birth, using the link below. Read the Safe Environment Policy for Diocesan Entities, the Policy on Sexual Misconduct and the Diocese of Dallas Social Media Policy, all found with the Screening Form. Having read these documents, please sign the acknowledgement forms using an electronic signature.
- Once you have submitted the Screening Form, email Laura Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org letting her know to look for those forms.
- Enroll in a “Recognizing, Responding and Reporting” class. Those classes are offered the second Monday of the month here at Christ the King in the Community Center with additional classes offered in August and September.
- Once the Screening Form is complete and class has been attended please email Laura Lynch to schedule an interview. Be aware that the Diocese of Dallas requires that all volunteers be known to the parish for 6 months before becoming active.
- If you have any questions or need to set up an interview, please call Laura Lynch, Safe Environment Director at 214-365-1208.
Upcoming Safe Environment Dates - March through May, 2020 - All meetings take place in the Community Center.
Monday, March 9th 7:00 PM
Monday, April 20 7:00 PM
Monday, May 11 7:00 PM