CTK has an opening for a Director of Community Life.
This is an exempt (Salaried) full-time position that reports directly to the Pastor.
General Summary of the Position:
The Director of Community Life is a leadership role in support of the Pastor's responsibilities to the Parish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
The Director of Community Life directly performs or is responsible for the supervision/management/liaison with Church personnel and/or volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain positive relationships and effective communication between Parish community, various groups and outside entities
- Liaison between Church organizations, e.g. Kingsmen, Altar Society, St Anne’s, St Vincent De Paul, etc.
- Establish/coordinate Parish programs for retreats and missions
- Monitor/advise/assist with Marriage Preparation at Christ the King
- Provide counseling resources for marriage preparation/families
- Manage/assist families with funeral planning
- Establish/monitor grief counseling program
- Establish/coordinate Parish Nursing Home Visitation program
- Attend and present information at pastoral staff meetings, committee meetings and Parish Finance Council meetings
- Attend Diocesan meetings representing the Parish and the Pastor; distribute and disseminate information obtained at these meetings to all parish personnel.
- Consult with and advise Pastor on relative Church matters.
- Direct or provide input into parish development and fundraising initiatives.
- Participate in strategic planning and day-to-day execution of strategic goals/objectives.
- Maintain familiarity with all applicable Diocesan and Parish policies and procedures.
- Functions as a resource and supporting team member for all Parish activities and events
- Teach in Sacramental preparation programs, as required
- Lector/Eucharistic Minister, as required
- Additional duties as assigned by Pastor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Supervisory and Leadership experience
- Proven organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Consistent ability to meet deadlines and produce high-quality results quickly
- Excellent computer skills
- Good facilitation skills
- A collaborative style that fosters workplace excellence and mutual staff support
- Highly motivated; able to work independently and as part of a team and with energy, optimism, and persistence
- Ability to present oneself professionally
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize and to be flexible
- Able to work frequent evenings and/or weekends and work an unpredictable schedule when necessary
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 – 10 years of Church experience; and/or non-profit experience
- Must complete the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Training program, obtain a certificate, and renew the training annually as required.
Language requirements: English proficiency required. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Send you resume to: Attn.: Christ the King Catholic Church
8017 Preston RD.
Dallas, TX 75225
Or email to: Ininesling@ctkdallas.org